Dear MBA Aspirants, the fact is that these are challenging times as India and the entire world is trying to fight and contain this pandemic by exercising lockdowns and suspending public gatherings of any kind. But we are all in this together and we will fight through this crisis.
Keeping in mind the health and safety of GMAT test takers and staff, GMAC has decided to suspend the GMAT and Executive Assessment testing in many locations worldwide, including India. However, the good news is that GMAC will make Interim GMAT™ exam available online Mid- April.
By Kalyani Majumdar
GMAC will make Interim GMAT™ exam available online Mid- April. (We will keep you updated on that right here.)
- It will be an online proctored alternative to the GMAT™ exam.
- The test will offer a comparable structure, time, and scoring as the exam delivered in the test centers.
- The Quant, Verbal and IR sections will have the same number of items and the same time for completion.
- However, there will be No AWA section in this exam format.
- The test has been decided this way so as to allow them to maintain the same score scale for both the Section Scores and Total Score.
- The check-in and security protocols will be modified to accommodate online delivery and remote proctors will be used to manage test integrity.
Now, GMAT Prep: How to make use of this time
My dear GMAT Aspirants, this crisis is a time for you to take a good look at your GMAT Prep. This is an opportunity for you to be a contrarian-thinker. Ask yourself what is it that I can do right now while I sit in isolation? Always remember, the world has seen crisis and those who remained focused always came through. Carpe diem, Seize the day!
- Aim for a 760+ Score: If you were thinking of a 720+ GMAT score. Now aim for a 760+. You have the time and even lesser distractions. So, why waste this opportunity?
- Online GMAT Prep: If you were preparing on your own or going to physical classes, now you can prepare even better in the safety of your home. Have you checked GMAT LIVE? Click here GMAT Live
- More time to prepare and study: Use this time to improve the sections that you are weak in. So far, you had limited time to focus on each section. So, now focus on Quant or Verbal and give extra time that was not available before and work on your weak points. This is an opportunity to improve.
Wish you all the best and stay safe.
Also read: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and your MBA plans